Wednesday, August 3, 2011

My iPod, A dedication to the wonders it holds

I have two iPods and I love them both equally in two completely different ways. I have a green Shuffle, his name is Kermie. I have a red Nano, her name is... Nano. I'm really creative on names, huh? (You should hear my kids' names, they are really original!)

Meet my iPods Kermie and Nano.


Kermie and Nano are the only two things in this house of mine that is 100% foolproof on making me happy. If I spend time with either of them the rest of my troubles disappear. *sigh* I love them.

I went to the movies last night and saw "Crazy Stupid Love".  So, so good! Must see. The writing, the cast, the feel of the whole movie was just perfect. As I left my house to go to the movies I realized that I have an hour drive ahead of me with just me and my iPod. (Yes, I go to the movies an hour away. Don't judge. I love it. It's guarenteed two hours of just me time that I wouldn't give up for anything). In that long drive there and home I realized, not only do I love my iPod, I love the music I've put on it. It's an random mix of everything: Dr. Dre, Garth Brooks, Guns N Roses, and of course lots of Maroon 5.

Remember back in jr. high when you'd listen to the radio and then call in to dedicate a song to the object of your affections? And then you'd wait for hours just to hear that dedication only to be disappointed because now it's 1am in the morning and you're song was never played so said object of affection will never know how you feel.

Well, that all ends today for me because my dedications are going to be heard. And because I spent two hours in the car listening to my random mix of music, I had time to listen, sing and think about who I would dedicate these songs too.

Said in DJ voice: Ladies and Gents, we have a young lady who wants to send out her love to everyone. First up we have...

(I've added the links to the songs in case you want to sing a long... I know you do!)

Run the World by Beyonce  This is for my daughter. Because she needs to know, us girls really do run the world. It's become a fun game we play, I say, "Hey Sis, who runs the world?" And she yells "Girls!" I will say, I'm glad she doesn't understand most the lyrics but I always stress to her these two verses when we hear the song: "How we're smart enough to make these millions; Strong enough to bear the children; Then get back to business" and "My persuasion can build a nation; Endless power; With our love we can devour; You'll do anything for me"   Oh yea, baby. Sing it!! 

Wrapped Up in You by Garth Brooks (love this video by the way).  This is for my son. First off, I'm not playing favorites with this song. I have a whole book of songs I would sing specifically to my daughter. But this song absolutely makes me think of my son. I am so wrapped up in him, he makes me smile like no other person can. Each verse rings true on my feelings for him but this sums it up: Every now and then; When the world; That were living in is crazy; You gladly hold me and carry me through; No one in the world's ever done; What you did for me; And I'd be sad and lonely; If there were no you." I love my baby boy and I can't imagine my world without him. *tear*

Best of My Love by the Eagles This is all for my husband. I can't even begin to break this song down as to why it's for him. The whole song... every word...   I don't even know what else to say.

Someone Like You by Adele *deep breath* This song breaks my heart. Puts me in a place that sometimes I just have to go there. (see here).  I honestly could list several Adele songs because I love all of them. I think she is a musical genius. And she's in concert here next week... it's sold out... I can't go. *pout*

Maroon 5... can't list just one song. I don't have dedications for these songs, they are just... it's just... he's just... Ok... ok... Infatuation - this is serious baby making music. Or maybe it is just for me. Unf... lots of unf (and the video is chalked full of hot pics of my man).  Shiver - I love this song live more then anything. I have the live version on my iPod because just the image of his hands on the guitar really melts my butter.  And of course my all time favorite song of theirs, Sunday Morning.  *sigh*  I guess this is all dedicated to my man Adam. Oh how I love thee...

And last on this list is not dedications really either. It's the songs that I roll the windows down and blast, sing at the top of my lungs unashamed because these songs deserve it. Love is a Battlefield by Pat Benatar, In These Arms by Bon Jovi, What It Takes by Aerosmith, and of course, every iPod should have this on it, I'm On A Boat by Lonely Island (explicit version, of course!)

In DJ's voice: And that concludes the dedications for today. I hope you are all filled with love and remember, love--and music--is what makes this world go round. Have a good night kiddies!

No comments:

Post a Comment