Friday, August 19, 2011

The Age of technology, or some bullshit like that

This is a not really post post. It's a test really. I'm on my iPad, in my room, laying on my bed with a sexy Paul Walker on my television. (Takers... Anyone seen it? Multitudes of eye candy)

I wanted to see how this blogging thing works in the mobile sense. I think if this works for me, I'll post more often. Maybe... You see, I need mobile right now. Obviously I'm not really mobile but there are reasons why I need this. Everyday I sit down at my computer. After I've read my email, trolled on Facebook I stare at my computer screen with the intent on writing on here about my life, how I'm feeling, what I'm going through. But there is something else looming on my computer that taunts me. I see the icon on the corner and it calls out my name, begging for attention.

And no... It's not my overwhelmingly huge folder of Adam Levine pictures.

It's my story... My escape... My fictional life that I've created and have dabbled in for over a year. It's done. The story is one whole document, not 20 or so smaller chapters. It's done. And because it's done I want someone else to read it. But I always have to tweak it a little more before I pass it on.

That is why I need to be mobile. I have to avoid my computer. The document is there, taunting me, whispering to me "Do you really want to let me go?" Even now, it's downstairs, calling out to me "You aren't sleeping, come to me..."

You know that saying, if you love something, set it free. Well, I love that story. So much of myself was put into it and I'm not 100% sure I want to let it go. So I will let it sit on the computer and I will ignore it's cries for attention (geez, I already ignore my kids' and husband's cry for attention, I should be good at it!) until I am ready to let it to. Time will tell and for now I think I'll just stay mobile. If this even works... Maybe I wrote all this and it won't go anywhere. *shrug*

Here goes nothing...

No comments:

Post a Comment