Thursday, December 22, 2011

Wham, Bam, Thank you Ma'am

Who doesn't love a quicky?

I've been absent for a few weeks for crazy irrational reasons I will most delightfully list for you. And I gotta make it quick.

Reason of absence #1: Christmas is coming! Christmas is coming! And I decided to be a responsible adult and take care of the stuff I usually leave until the day before Christmas. It is late in the evening on December 22nd and I can safely say all my gifts are bought and wrapped. Cookies are made. Christmas cards sent out, and my house is decorated more this year then it ever has. Yay me!

Reason of absence #2: The in-laws. They have invaded my house. And if you have in-laws you know their essence arrives a lot sooner before their bodies. I have scrubbed, mopped, dusted, rearranged, organized and then reorganized the shit out of this house. Only to have it scrutinized incessantly once they--and by they I mean she--got here. It's exhausting being the good wife/mother/daughter-in-law constantly.

Reason of absence #3: See #2 and realize I just can't be the good wife/mother/daughter-in-law 24/7. I have officially gone insane. I'm off my rocker. I may need professional help. Seriously... know a good psychologist?

I'll leave you with the little bit of my Christmas:


My Christmas tree. Oh how I love thee!

The Christmas cookies I made, cut out and baked. The kids and the MIL decorated.
I screwed up the frosting. I got judged. Betty Crocker (I swear that's her other name) fixed it
and then repeatedly reminded me how good the frosting was after she fixed it.


This will be me by Sunday morning....



Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment