Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Want To Buy New Brain, Inquire Within

My brain is still on vacation. I don't think she's coming back. All my usual daily habits are not here. All my usual semi-graceful moves are not here. Any coherant thought is JUST NOT HERE.

As a matter of fact, where am I? Who am I?

The brain that has been temping for my usual brain is lazy, tired all the time and doesn't want to have any kind of intellectual conversation with anyone. My words are gibberish, my actions are awkward and clumsy, and my thoughts are mostly about sleeping, when will I get to sleep again, and how much longer do I have to stay awake to be a viable member of society. The answer to that last question is easy. I am not a viable member of society.

My usual brain phoned it in the other night when I actually got out of the house and watched the new Harry Potter movie. But she was gone the instant I walked through my front door.

Even now, I feel like I'm not making sense. My kids are looking at me like I'm a pod person... not that they know what a pod person is. They just think Mommy just needs more coffee. Smart children. I've raised them right...

I better go consume that coffee if anyone wants dinner tonight. I'm making enchiladas. Let's see if it actually works out and doesn't turn into tortilla-chicken-sauce cassarole.

Yea... I think my old brain has left me. She's happily swimming in the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico. But don't worry. The call is in to the doctor's for my medication. I'll be back to complaining about my kids and daydreaming about random celebrities soon.

But would you come back from here if you had to?

No comments:

Post a Comment